Dementia Experience: Understanding and Supporting People Living with Dementia
- Length: One day face to face
- Suitable for: Health and social care staff at all levels, across all care settings. The course assumes a basic awareness of dementia has already been achieved, such as Dementia Friends™. The course is aligned to tier 2 of the Dementia Core Skills Education and Training Framework (2018) and includes outcomes from subjects 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12.
- Delivered: face to face at Spring Farm Business Centre, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Crewe, CW1 4RJ
- Price: Places are fully funded for staff in East Cheshire and Cheshire West and Chester local authority areas.
This full day interactive, face to face learning will cover;
- The impact of cognitive decline and deficit on the person living with dementia, focussing our attention on advancing disease
- Reflection of interpersonal care and analyse what we mean by person centred dementia care
- Investigate and explore dementia care practice through simulated experiences for deeper learning
- Fundamentally, facilitate empathy by considering the perspective of the person who has dementia.
Morning Workshop: Dementia care “Positive Approach to Care®” with a presentation and discussion.
Afternoon Simulation Activity: Simulating the experience of the Carer and person with dementia through two scenarios. There will be a debrief and discussion after each scenario.
- Tuesday 13 February 2024 from 9.00- 16.00 at Spring Farm FULL
Fully funded for people in Cheshire East or West Cheshire and Chester areas.
£90 for people outside of this area.