Are you considering a new challenge?
Would you like to work for an organisation in which 100% of staff agreed they are proud to work for?
We are looking for trustees!
eJOIN AN INNOVATIVE ORGANISATION – MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO END OF LIFE CARE
At EOLP, we believe everyone should experience a compassionate and personalised end to their life, in the company of people who matter to them, in a place where they feel at home, and where they have the support that they need.
Through our work, we positively influence the care and experience of at least 10,000 people every year through:
- EDUCATION: giving people the tools and education they need to become confident care givers, and demonstrating the positive difference this will make
- INNOVATION: using data led innovation to create quality improvements and new ways of caring that will positively impact confidence, care and personal experience
- COLLABORATION: connecting people to each other, joining the dots, and growing partnerships, so that more people will feel the benefit of services working together
We wish to recruit up to 2 volunteer members to join our Chair and Trustees in creating a strong governing body: The Board of Trustees.
We need people who can help direct EOLP towards achieving its mission and ensure it is effectively managed. You would need to be able to make a commitment to the Partnership and devote the necessary time; have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind.
Ideally, the new trustees will also have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of, or considerable interest in, palliative and end of life care
- Strategy, public policy, and management
- Third sector organisations, and partnerships across public and third sector
- Professional education, evaluation, audit and research
- Commissioning services
- Financial management
- Human Resource management
We are looking for Trustees who share our organisational values;
- Compassionate– “We will demonstrate kindness, consideration and thoughtfulness to others and all those we work with”
- Confident – “We have the courage to take risk and believe that change is possible”
- Honest – “We will act with integrity and fairness in all that we do”
- Positive- “We have the enthusiasm and energy to solve seemingly unsolvable problems and the creativity to implement innovative solutions”
- Professional – “We uphold high standards of job performance, ethical behaviour and accept personal accountability for our own acts and omissions”
We are particularly keen to increase the diversity of our board of trustees, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
You will be expected to contribute on average one to two days per month. If you are willing to chair one of the Board committees, an additional time commitment of around a day a month would be involved. Formal meetings are currently held during office hours at the EOLP’s base near Crewe, Cheshire or by Microsoft Teams.
For further information download the Role Description.
The Chair is available to discuss the position informally with prospective candidates. Please contact Tracy Paine on 01270 310260 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 on the Monday 27 June 2022. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 19 July 2022 at Spring Farm, Crewe.
Please note that the interviews are due to be held in a meeting room located on the first floor at Spring Farm with no lift access however can be moved to accommodate identified needs. Please let us know in advance if you require any additional support or have any mobility needs to allow for suitable arrangements to be made.
EOLP is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, religion or belief.