PCIP: Grieving when Caring ends
- Length: 2 hours
- Suitable for: For any unpaid/family carer of people who received care from Palliative Care in Partnership.
- Delivered: face to face at locations around Cheshire
- Price: Places are reserved for any unpaid/family carer of people who received care from Palliative Care in Partnership.
Grief is a normal and natural response to loss and bereavement that everyone will experience at some point in their life, however many of us have a very limited understanding of how grief can affect our feelings, thoughts, behaviours and physical health.
As a former carer, grief can also be made more complex by the dual losses of the person and your role as a carer.
The session gives participants:
- An understanding of loss, grief and bereavement and how they may affect you
- Practical strategies to help you accept and adjust
- Information about local and national services and support
This two hour session is free to attend and takes place face to face at venues across Cheshire, once a month.
It is a small group session – numbers are kept low to ensure safety and confidentiality for those attending.
Sessions are run by our experienced facilitators. They are not counsellors but can offer practical support and advice to help you during a bereavement.
If you would like to talk to find out more before booking, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
- Thursday 14 Dec 23: 14:00 – 16:00 in Northwich area venue tbc
- Wednesday 10 Jan 24: 10:30 – 12:30 in Ellesmere Port area tbc
- Tuesday 13 Feb 24: 14:00 – 16:00 in Macclesfield area
- Thursday 14 Mar 24: 10:30 – 12:30 at Spring Farm, Minshull Vernon, Crewe, CW1 4RJ