Introduction to Communication Skills
- Length: 2 hours
- Suitable for: Health care professionals with no previous communication skills training, also any supporting staff who interact with patients and relatives.
- Delivered: online via Microsoft Teams
- Price: funded for Cheshire East and West Cheshire employees. Not available for staff outside this area.
Equips participants with the knowledge and skills to improve their communication skills when supporting patients and their relatives.
By the end of this session delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- The importance of communicating with compassion and empathy
- The value of using open questions to elicit concerns
- How to demonstrate empathy through active listening
- How and when to appropriately refer on to other healthcare professionals
- Friday January 12 2024: 13.30 – 15.30
Fully funded for people in Cheshire East or West Cheshire and Chester areas.
£40 for people outside of this area, or £100 per organisation*
*Applies to online courses only and enables an organisation to send up to 3 people (names and payments must be provided in advance of attending).