Grieving before loss
Grief is a normal, natural response to loss and bereavement that everyone will experience at some point in their life. Many of us, however, have a very limited understanding of how grief can affect our feelings, thoughts, behaviours and physical health.
This is particularly true of anticipatory grief, or grief before death, which can arise due to loss of companionship, loss of future plans and dreams or loss of role and identity, even when the cared for person is still present.
The session gives carers:
- A better understanding of “anticipatory grief” for the carer and the person being cared for
- Practical strategies to cope with and adapt to this type of grief
- Opportunities to share their experiences
Book here now.
Who is it for?
Unpaid carers (family/friend).
Please note health professionals can also attend, but priority will be given to unpaid carers.
2 hour session
Spring Farm Business Centre, Moss Lane, Crewe CW1 4RJ
Dates and times
- Tuesday 14 February 2023: 10:00 – 12:00
- Thursday 4 May 2023: 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday 20 June 2023: 10:00 – 12:00