Ethical Dilemmas in Dementia Care – The Mental Capacity Act in Action
- Length: 2 hours
- Suitable for: Health and social care professionals working in the community, hospitals and care homes. The course assumes attendees will already have a basic understanding of the Mental Capacity Act (2005).
- Delivered: face to face at Spring Farm Business Centre, Moss Lane, Crewe CW1 4RJ
- Price: Places are fully funded for staff in East Cheshire and Cheshire West and Chester local authority areas.
The 2.5 hour interactive face to face session will cover:
- Shared decision-making: The rights of the person with dementia, their family, LPA and professionals
- The ethics and law of withdrawing and withholding treatment at end of life.
- Is it ethical to lie to a person with dementia?
- Sexual intimacy in dementia
- to be confirmed
Fully funded for people in Cheshire East or West Cheshire and Chester areas.
£40 for people outside of this area.