Dementia & the Progression of Disease
- Length: 2 hours
- Suitable for: The day is aimed at health and social care staff at all levels, across all care settings. The course assumes a basic awareness of dementia has already been achieved, such as Dementia Friends™. The course is aligned to tier 2 of the Dementia Core Skills Education and Training Framework (2015) and includes outcomes from subjects 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12.
- Delivered: online via Microsoft Teams
- Price: Places are fully funded for staff in East Cheshire and Cheshire West and Chester local authority areas.
You will be provided with background resources; videos and reading material prior to attendance, for your information and guidance. We recommend ½ day training time be allocated to include independent guided study.
The 2 hour interactive online session will cover;
- Dementia, a brief discussion
- What we mean by advanced dementia and ‘end of life’?
- Person-centred dementia care
- Overcoming the effect of diminishing communication
- Behaviour and de-escalating distress
- The Mental Capacity Act & best interests
- Delirium and dementia
- Thursday 7 December 2023: 13:30 – 15:30 FULL
- Monday 4 March 2024: 10:00 – 12:00
Fully funded for people in Cheshire East or West Cheshire and Chester areas.
£30 for people outside of this area, or £75 per organisation*
*Applies to online courses only and enables an organisation to send up to 3 people (names and payments must be provided in advance of attending).