An Introduction to Supporting Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Length: 1 hours
- Suitable for:Anyone who in their work/volunteering, need guidance in how to support others affected by a bereavement.
- Delivered: online via Microsoft Teams
- Price: funded for Cheshire East and West Cheshire employees. Not available for staff outside this area.
Grief is a normal, natural response to loss and bereavement that everyone will experience at some point in their life. Many of us however, have a very limited understanding of how grief can affect our feelings, thoughts, behaviours and physical health.
The aim of this information session is to give professionals, volunteers and staff within support organisations, a better understanding of this issue and to offer advice and tips on how to support someone through their grief.
The session gives people:
- An understanding of loss, bereavement, grief and mourning
- Tips on how to help, even if contact is indirect e.g. telephone support
- Contact details of organisations that can offer more in-depth support
- Thursday 11 January 2024: 18:00 – 20:00
- Wednesday 6 March 2024: 10.00 – 11:00
Fully funded for people in Cheshire East or West Cheshire and Chester areas.
£30 for people outside of this area, or £75 per organisation*
*Applies to online courses only and enables an organisation to send up to 3 people (names and payments must be provided in advance of attending).