- Length: 2 hours
- Suitable for: Unpaid carers (family/friend). This session is mainly geared towards family carers to help them in their caring role.
If you are a professional who wishes to attend in a personal capacity or are attending so that you can better support family carers, then this session will also be suitable for you.
- Delivered: online via Microsoft Teams
- Price: funded for people who live, work or play in Cheshire East and West Cheshire employees.
The course will help you gain an understanding of what to expect as Dementia advances including:
- Changes in Perception
- Making the home dementia friendly
- Understanding Sundowning
- Improving communication
- Supporting someone’s eating, drinking and continence
- Supporting anticipatory grief
- Supporting through signposting (Dementia UK)
- Tuesday 12 December 2023: 9.30 – 11.30
- Thursday 1 February 2024: 9.30 – 11.30