Who is it for?
The day is aimed at health and social care staff at all levels, across all care settings. The course assumes a basic awareness of dementia has already been achieved, such as Dementia Friends™. The course is aligned to tier 2 of the Dementia Core Skills Education and Training Framework (2015) and includes outcomes from subjects 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12.
You will be provided with background resources; videos and reading material prior to attendance, for your information and guidance. We recommend ½ day training time be allocated to include independent guided study.
The 2 hour interactive online session will cover;
- Dementia, a brief discussion
- What we mean by advanced dementia and ‘end of life’?
- Person-centred dementia care
- Overcoming the effect of diminishing communication
- Behaviour and de-escalating distress
- The Mental Capacity Act & best interests
- Delirium and dementia
Course Dates and Times
- Friday 16 July 2021 : 10:00 – 12:00 FULL
- Thursday 14 October 2021 13:00 – 15:00
To attend On Line Training you will need
Access to either a computer, laptop or ipad. You will need a microphone webcam for vision and compatible browser, you do not need a Microsoft subscription to participate in the meeting.
FULLY FUNDED places for staff in the Cheshire CCG area.