An Introduction to Supporting Loss, Grief and Bereavement
Grief is a normal, natural response to loss and bereavement that everyone will experience at some point in their life. Many of us however, have a very limited understanding of how grief can affect our feelings, thoughts, behaviours and physical health.
The aim of this information session is to give professionals, volunteers and staff within support organisations, a better understanding of this issue and to offer advice and tips on how to support someone through their grief.
The session gives people:
- An understanding of loss, bereavement, grief and mourning
- Tips on how to help, even if contact is indirect e.g. telephone support
- Contact details of organisations that can offer more in-depth support
Book here now.
Who is it for?
Anyone who in their work/volunteering, need guidance in how to support others affected by a bereavement.
1 hour session
Online via Microsoft Teams
Dates and times
- Tuesday 21 March 2023: 9:30 – 10:30 FULL
- Thursday 25 May 2023: 9:30 – 10:30
“Really good and informative with practical support too”