What is Advanced Dementia?
This course will consider:
- Dementia, a brief discussion
- What we mean by advanced dementia and ‘end of life’?
- Person-centred dementia care
- Overcoming the effect of diminishing communication
- Behaviour and de-escalating distress
- The Mental Capacity Act & best interests
- Delirium and dementia
You will be provided with background resources; videos and reading material prior to attendance, for your information and guidance. We recommend ½ day training time be allocated to include independent guided study.
Who is it for?
The day is aimed at health and social care staff at all levels, across all care settings.
Your Care Setting
All care settings
2 hour session
Online via Microsoft Teams
Date and time
18 March 2022 13:00-15:00
Fully funded for staff in the Cheshire CCG area.
This course is not open to delegates outside the Cheshire CCG area.