This course will:
- Familiarise you to the concepts of palliative care.
- Introduce the 5 “Priorities of Care”
- Define Advance Care Planning and how you may contribute to this
- Develop your communication skills & confidence in having difficult conversations with patients/residents and those important to them.
- Explore common symptoms, the causes, effects, assessment & management
- Cover concepts & theories relating to loss, grief & bereavement.
- Increase your awareness of the concept of resilience
Book here now.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at Registered Nurses, Nursing Associates, Care Staff & Allied Health Professionals who support patients/residents in the last 12 months of life in all settings including community, primary care, care homes and acute hospitals.
Your Care Setting
Community, primary care, care homes and acute hospitals.
Face to face training held at Spring Farm Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Crewe CW1 4RJ
Date and time
- Wednesday 20 April 2022 : 9.30 – 16.00
- Wednesday 4 May 2022 : 9.30 – 16.00
- Friday 20 May 2022 : 9.30 – 16.00
- Wednesday 25 May 2022 : 9.30 – 16.00
Course is full.
Fully funded for staff working in Cheshire CCG area.
£199 for staff outside this area.