Share the course on twitter : Tweet
Who is it for?
The day is aimed at health and social care staff of all levels, across all care settings. A basic awareness of dementia, such as Dementia Friends™ is recommended. This course is aligned to tier 2 of the Dementia Core Skills Education and Training Framework (2015) and includes outcomes from subjects 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12.
You will be provided with background resources; videos and reading material prior to attendance, for your information and guidance. We recommend ½ day training time be allocated to include independent guided study.
The interactive online session will cover;
- Dementia, a brief discussion
- What we mean by advanced dementia and ‘end of life’?
- Person-centred dementia care
- Overcoming the effect of diminishing communication
- Behaviour and de-escalating distress
- The Mental Capacity Act & best interests
- Delirium and dementia
- COVID-19 – we will allow some time at the end to share discussion specifically about the impact of coronavirus
2 hours (plus additional self study of 1 hour)
Course Dates and Times
- Friday 16 July 2021 : 10:00 – 12:00 FULL
- other dates tbc
To attend On Line Training you will need
Access to either a computer, laptop or ipad. You will need a microphone webcam for vision and compatible browser, you do not need a Microsoft subscription to participate in the meeting.
FULLY FUNDED places for staff in the Cheshire CCG area.. £25 to delegates outside the area. (Cancellation charges apply)