Share the course on twitter : Tweet
Who is it for?
Community nurses and registered nurses working in care homes caring for people at end of life. This course is also suitable for Paramedics who are administering end of life drugs. This course is for staff working in in South, Vale Royal and East Cheshire who use the Blue Booklet.
An overview of the medication used to control the 5 common symptoms at end of life, including an update on the control of Covid-19 symptoms and how to use the Blue Booklet.
The course will cover:
- Medication used for common symptoms at end of life including indications for use and dosages.
- Drug calculations
- Methods of administration
- A ‘walkthrough’ the Blue Booklet
- Case studies
- Where to get help and support
- Lorraine Dunn : Locality Co-ordinator, The End of Life Partnership
- Michael Devaney : Specialist Palliative Care Nurse, East Cheshire NHS Trust
- Sheona Lacey : Specialist Palliative Care Nurse, Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership
- Andrea Shotton : Specialist Palliative Care Nurse, Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership
*two facilitators per session
2 Hour Interactive Online Session
Course Dates and Time
- Thursday 19 November 2020 : 13:00 – 15:00
To Attend Online Training
Access to either a computer, laptop or ipad. You will need a microphone webcam for vision and compatible browser, you do not need a Microsoft subscription to participate in the meeting.
FULLY FUNDED for staff working the Cheshire CCG footprint. (Not available for delegates outside Cheshire CCG footprint.)