Do you face communication situations that feel difficult? Are you left feeling that you don’t know what to say or how best to start that conversation? If so, this workshop can give you the opportunity to gain insight into communication skills and strategies that can help you engage more confidently and effectively.
Who is it for?
All health and social care professionals who come into contact with patients/residents/clients (and their families) towards the end of life. End of life can mean any time from when a person is diagnosed or realises that they have a life limiting illness
- An introduction to using the ‘Simple Skills Secrets’ approach – an easily remembered visual model for any professional, in any setting or situation where faced with unanswerable questions or who maybe unsure how to respond
- Responding sensitively to someone who is distressed or dissatisfied
- How to safely respond to cues
- Assisting the formulation of the person’s own plan
Dates and time
The following dates will be held at East Cheshire Hospice, Macclesfield, SK10 3DR
13:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 14 October 2020, Meeting Room
- Wednesday 13 January 2021, The Chapel
- Wednesday 24 March 2021, Meeting Room
The following dates will be held at Spring Farm Business Centre, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Crewe, CW1 4RJ
- Wednesday 24 June 2020 – CANCELLED
- Wednesday 9 September 2020 – 09:00 – 12:00
- Wednesday 25 November 2020 – 09:00 – 12:00
- Wednesday 17 February 2021 – 13:00 – 16:00
Funded places for people employed in Cheshire. If you are unsure whether you are eligible for a funded place please call to discuss.
£40 to staff working outside these areas.