Who is it for
This 2 hour course is aimed at all staff who work in a care home environment who have experienced loss within their workplace. It is suitable for anyone working within a Care Home environment. i.e. qualified staff, care assistants, support staff.
The aim of the session is to enable participants to understand and discuss the overall impact of loss, grief and bereavement and the various reactions and responses to loss and the related support processes available. At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the concepts and challenges of loss, grief and bereavement
- Understand the wide range of responses associated with loss including physical, emotional and behavioural responses
- Understand the personal nature of the grief process
- Recognise and respect their own loss, grief and bereavement experiences
- Understand their limitations in providing bereavement care and know when to recommend other resources.
Date(s) and time
Wednesday 12 August : 13:00 – 15:00
Tuesday 15 September : 10.30 – 1 2.30
To Attend Online Training
Access to either a computer, laptop or ipad. You will need a microphone webcam for vision and compatible browser, you do not need a Microsoft subscription to participate in the meeting.
FULLY FUNDED places for staff in the Cheshire CCG area. only.