FULL – reserve list applications being taken.
Designed to develop and increase confidence, knowledge and skills of practitioners to enable them to effectively support the breathless patient.
Who is it for?
Practitioners who care for chronically breathless patients in any care setting e.g. Nurses, AHPs, Therapists, Health Care Assistants
- Learn about the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system and causes of breathlessness.
- Gain an understanding of the impact of breathlessness for patients at end of life and what pharmacological interventions can help.
- Learn about non-pharmacological management of breathlessness try out skills and apply them to your practice.
- Assessing the breathless patient – knowing when to use non-pharmacological techniques
- Anxiety, depression, panic management and the stress response
- Gain an awareness of what services are available for patients with respiratory disease.
Romero Centre, All Hallows Catholic College
Thursday 12 March 2020
9:00 – 16:30
FULLY FUNDED for staff in Cheshire.
£60 to all other applicants.
(Cancellation charges apply).