Share the course on twitter : Tweet
Do you face communication situations that feel difficult? Are you left feeling that you don’t know what to say or how best to start that conversation? If so, this workshop can give you the opportunity to gain insight into communication skills and strategies that can help you engage more confidently and effectively.
Who is it for?
All health and social care professionals who come into contact with patients/residents/clients (and their families) towards the end of life. End of life can mean any time from when a person is diagnosed or realises that they have a life limiting illness
- An introduction to using the ‘Simple Skills Secrets’ approach – an easily remembered visual model for any professional, in any setting or situation where faced with unanswerable questions or who maybe unsure how to respond
- How to recognise and respond to patient cues with sensitivity
- What skills you can use to support difficult discussions-including how to start the conversation, how to explore a patients concerns and how to support them with formulating their own plan
Dates and time
Wednesday 14 October 2020 – 13.30 -15.00– FULL Wednesday 25 November 2020 – 10.30 -12.00– FULL
- Thursday 10 December 2020 – 13.30- 15.00
For West Cheshire Care Home Staff only
- Thursday 1 October 2020 : 13.30 – 15.00
- Friday 6 November 2020 : 13.30 – 15:00
To attend On Line Training you will need
Access to either a computer, laptop or ipad. You will need a microphone webcam for vision and compatible browser, you do not need a Microsoft subscription to participate in the meeting.
FULLY FUNDED places for staff in the Cheshire CCG area… If you are unsure whether you are eligible for a funded place please call to discuss.
£25 to staff working outside these areas.