Who we are
The Advanced Dementia Support Team (ADST) are a small multi-disciplinary team of specialist professionals working across Central and Eastern Cheshire CCG areas.
ADST provide consultancy to professionals or family carers caring for someone with advanced dementia who requires 24/7 supervision, either at home or in a care setting. The service aims to guide and educate professionals and informal caregivers in the delivery of best practice end of life care, for people with advanced dementia.
– Respond to referrals from individuals and services caring for people with advanced dementia who request guidance or education.
– Support clinical teams and care services to identify the possible causes of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
– Support clinical teams and care services to implement Best Interests Advance Care Plans
– Deliver education and information to informal/family carers on the nature of advanced dementia and likely deterioration.
(We do not cover West Cheshire CCG area.)
– A Social Worker
– An Occupational Therapist
– An Admiral Nurse
– A Registered Nurse
What we do
ADST work alongside other professionals to explore clinical concerns. We will provide education, facilitation and resources using our specialist knowledge and skills. We are a support for health and social care services and not intended to be a replacement.
Clinical responsibility is held by the professional referring. ADST do not direct or control care or treatment for patients or residents. ADST support the professional involved and it is their responsibility to carry
forward any guidance.