The Public Health Team work with a number of villages and towns across Cheshire East to develop Compassionate Communities. This is a way of working with communities rather than for them, by enabling and empowering people to finding solutions, build upon existing skills and knowledge and support each other in times of crises. This approach does not replace local services, but complements them and allows services and resources to be used efficiently.
- Working in partnership with communities, GP Practices and community care
- Supporting each other in a wide range of practical and emotional ways
- Keeping everyone connected with neighbours, friends and the wider community
- Receiving and offering help especially to those that may be vulnerable, living alone or recently bereaved
- Taking on new challenges, learning new skills and having fun