Who is it for?
For all staff who support individuals with Dementia
- Overview of Dementia and Mental Capacity
- Types of Dementia, Assessments & Medication
- Advanced Dementia and End of Life Care
- Memory Activities
- Dementia scenarios
FREE to staff in Eastern Cheshire, Vale Royal and South Cheshire
£60 to delegates outside the area
- Tuesday 27 September 2016 – St Luke’s (Cheshire) Hospice, Queensway, Winsford, CW7 1BH
- Thursday 17 November 2016 – East Cheshire Hospice, Macclesfield, SK10 3DR
09:30 – 16:00
This is a short course to develop and increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of practitioners to enable them to effectively support people with dementia approaching the end of life.
Learn about dementia as a terminal illness and its disease progression. Recognising the dying phase and the importance of Advance Care Planning Develop knowledge and skills and apply them to your practice
Who is it for?
Health and Social Care staff who care for people with dementia in any care setting.
2 1/2 Days – Over 3 Months
- What is Dementia?
- Diagnosing dying
- Mental Capacity
- Advance Care Planning
- Communication Skills
- Understanding behaviours that challenge
- Nutrition, hydrating and swallowing
- End of Life Care
- Grief, Loss & Bereavement
- Support to try out and use new knowledge, skills and strategies
FREE places to all employees working within East, Vale Royal and South Cheshire.
£195 to all other applicants (Cancellation charges apply).
- Cohort 6 – St Luke’s Cheshire Hospice, Winsford, CW7 1BH
- 11 January 2017 (Full Day)
- 25 January 2017 (Full Day)
- 19 April 2017 (Half Day AM)
- Cohort 7 – East Cheshire Hospice, Macclesfield, SK10 3DR
- 26 April 2017 (Full Day)
- 10 May 2017 (Full Day)
- 26 July 2017 (Half Day AM)
- Cohort 8 – St Luke’s Cheshire Hospice, Winsford, CW7 1BH
- 27 September 2017 (Full Day)
- 11 October 2017 (Full Day)
- 13 December 2017 (Half Day AM)