Do you face communication situations that feel difficult? Are you left feeling that you don’t know what to say or how best to start that conversation? If so, this workshop can give you the opportunity to gain insight into communication skills and strategies that can help you engage more confidently and effectively.
- An introduction to using the ‘Simple Skills Secrets’ approach – an easily remembered visual model for any professional, in any setting or situation where faced with unanswerable questions or who maybe unsure how to respond
- Responding sensitively to someone who is distressed or dissatisfied
- How to safely respond to cues
- Assisting the formulation of the person’s own plan
Who is it for?
All health and social care professionals who come into contact with patients/residents/clients (and their families) towards the end of life. End of life can mean any time from when a person is diagnosed or realises that they have a life limiting illness.
(West Cheshire and Vale Royal Care Homes only)
Funded places for staff in West Cheshire and Vale Royal Care Homes.
- Tuesday 11th February 2020 1-4pm, Room D, 1829 Building, Countess of Chester Health Park, Chester CH2 1UL
- Tuesday 9th June 2020 1-4pm, Room D, 1829 Building, Countess of Chester Health Park, Chester CH2 1UL
13:00 – 16:00