Who is it for?
Assistant Practitioners, Nurses, GP’s, Medical Staff, Health Care Assistants, Allied Health Professionals, Domiciliary & Care Home staff.
8:45 – 16:30
A one-day study day facilitated by specialist palliative care staff helping practitioners to recognise, manage and control symptoms whilst considering:
- Frequency and occurrence of symptoms in the last few days of life
- Allowing a natural death – the process of dying
- The consequences of uncontrolled symptoms for the patient and their family
- Understanding and supporting relatives in last few days of a patient’s life
- How to manage common symptoms e.g. agitation, pain, vomiting, respiratory symptoms
- Q & A – an opportunity to ask our specialist panel your questions
(a mix of discussion, lectures & workshops)
FREE LUNCH / REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED