Who is it for?
Practitioners who care for chronically breathless patients in any care setting e.g. Nurses, AHPs, Therapists, Level 3 Health Care Assistants.
Run over 2 full days and half a day – over 3 months.
- Learn about non-pharmacological management of breathlessness try out skills and apply them to your practice.
- Normal breathing process and how it is altered by disease
- The meaning and impact of breathlessness to the patient
- Teaching and learning skills – helping breathless patients to learn new techniques
- Assessing the breathless patient – knowing when to use non-pharmacological techniques
- Practising new skills and applying them to your work with patients
- Anxiety, depression, panic management and the stress response
- Supporting you to try out and use new techniques with patients
Fully funded for staff in Cheshire. £195 to all other applicants.
Thursday 3 October 2019 – full day
Thursday 17 October 2019 – full day
Thursday 16 January 2020 – half day (PM)
St Luke’s (Cheshire) Hospice