The day is designed to enable you to become and be an effective mentor.
The morning will introduce a mentorship model of practice, stages of the relationship benefits and challenges. The afternoon explores the relationship further through group work, discussion and reflection on practice.
Who is it for?
Practitioners/care workers who facilitate learning and/or assesses learner achievement in a health and social care setting.
(Please note this course is not for sign off mentors supporting nurses working towards a professional qualification)
9:00 – 16:00
- Explore the role, responsibilities and key skills of a mentor
- Discuss benefits and challenges of mentorship
- Identify with tools to plan and carry out the mentoring process
- Provide a support network for mentors
- Support mentors’ training needs within their role
Funded places for people employed in South Cheshire, Vale Royal and Eastern Cheshire localities.
£60 to staff working outside these areas.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible for a funded place please call to discuss.
Course Dates and Venue
Thursday 18th June 2020 – Spring Farm Business Centre CANCELLED
Tuesday 13 October 2020 – Spring Farm Business Centre