THIS COURSE IS RUN OVER NINE WEEKS WITH SEVEN, THREE HOUR CLASSROOM SESSIONS AND TWO DAYS PRACTICE PLACEMENTS.
This course will enable participants to increase and develop their knowledge, understanding and practical skills in palliative care. Can also provide underpinning knowledge evidence to support QCF.
Who is it for?
All health and social care workers employed in care homes, hospitals, patient’s homes and hospices.
9 Weeks (7 x 3Hr Classroom Sessions and 2 Days Practice Placements)
- 7 three hour classroom sessions, 1.00 – 4.00 pm
- Independent study through a workbook
- 2 days specialist palliative care placement
- Facilitation in students own workplace to help apply new knowledge
- Key concepts in palliative care
- Symptoms and physical aspects of palliative care
- Communication skills
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- End of life tools
FREE of charge to staff working in Central, Eastern & Western Cheshire
(£250 to staff working outside these areas)
- Friday 18 September 2020
- Friday 25 September 2020
- Friday 2 October 2020
- w/c Monday 5 October 2020 (Placement)
- Friday 16 October 2020
- w/c Monday 19 October 2020 (Placement)
- Friday 30 October 2020
- Friday 6 November 2020
- Friday 13 November 2020
Offices 4 & 5: Spring Farm Business Centre, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Crewe, CW1 4RJ